2 cups Basmati rice , wash and soaked in filter water for 20 minutes- drain dry
4 -4 1/2 cups filter pure water
1/2 tsp fresh ground turmeric
1 1/2 tbsp biryani masala powder
2 tbsp Nuttelex Original
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
4 cardamom pods
3 Pandan leaves (screwpine leaves knotted)
Spring of mints leaves-pudina
Spring of coriander leaves
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 medium size bay leaves
3 slices of ginger
1 onion-browned – optional
1. Heat nuttelex in pan stir ginger, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, cardamom pods, fennel seeds, cumin, mints leaves, coriander leaves, pandan leaves for 5 minutes.
2. Now add in soaked basmati rice and all the rice ingredients,seasoning and water in a pan.
3. Saute for a minute mix well turn off the stove fire, transfer all the rice ingredients into the electric rice cooker and browned onion till cooked.
4. Removed and discard the bay leaves and pandan leaves.
2 tbsp raisin
1 cup toasted cashew
some fried pappad
and cucumber strips
Vegan Mutton Rendang Curry :
3 medium tomatoes
150 gm vegan muttons
6 medium size potatoes
2 tbsp alagappa’s curry powder
2 stalks lemon grass -slice cut into 2 inch long
1 tsp coriander powder
spring of curry leaves
3 tbsp homemade chilli paste
1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
1/2 tsp vegetables seasoning
1/4 tsp Asafoetida powder
100 ml coconut milk
300 ml pure filter water
1. Peel the potatoes cut into chunk and chopped the tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat wok with homemade chilli paste, curry leaves, place chunk potatoes, lemon grass, chopped tomatoes fry for 5 minutes add water, curry powder, coriander powder. Boil gently, stirring often, for about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
3. Now place vegan muttons, coconut milk, seasoning stir for another 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
4. Ladle mutton rendang curry into bowl.
Serve the vegan mutton rendang curry with nasi briyani topped with sprinkled with raisins, cashew, slice tomatoes, cucumber and pappad as desired.
Let me know what you had vegan this meatless Monday.
Cheers & Happy Meatless Monday !!
BE VEGAN, PEACE, LOVE and SMILE 🙂 😉Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Veganlogy