A Complete Step-by-step Walkthrough on Pandan Leaves Casing by Veganlogy
Many of our Malaysian traditional Malay and Nyonya kuih require this casing for making Kuih Tako. Today, Veganlogy is going to show you a complete step-by-step walkthrough on how to make your own pandan leaves casing for your kuih. You can print out if you would like to keep it in your file.
Guide and Walkthrough
1. Washed and clean all the pandan leaves.
2. Cut 7″ lengths of each pandan leaf.
3. Make 4 slits on the bottom part , 1 1/2″ apart to make five sections.
4. Is easy if you used a 1-1/2′ Pandan leaf Â as a guide to make uniform sections.*
5. Alternately tuck in each section to make a small pandan square box.
6. Tuck in the last flap as shown you can use a toothpick or staple the side together.
If your casing has a big hole (as shown in the photo above), never mind, just cut a small piece of pandan leaf and place it on top of the hole. There it is.
This is only for the liquid base nyonya kuih like Kuih Tako.
However, it is OK for coconut yam kuih, coconut cassava kuih, which don’t need to add leaf on top of the hole!
” Remember if you are not ready to use these Pandan Leaves Casing, Please keep them in refrigerator to prevent from drying up “
My new recipes are coming soon ……….healthy and sugar-free steam Nyonya kuih.
Browse thru Veganlogy.com for various recipes, informative Go Green and Health Benefits series, and juice of the day!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Veganlogy