Vegan Pineapple Tarts
In Chinese New Year, who don’t want good luck or prosperity, agree? We have lots of taboos and superstitions. Chinese love pineapple tarts. Why? Because the word “pineapple” in Hokkien is “Ong Lai“, meaning Good Luck Comes/ Prosperity Comes! Besides, the sweetness itself will attract sweet things.
Disappointedly, most of the pineapple tarts in the market are not vegan (with egg). So, as a pineapple tarts lover, I’ve decided to make my own vegan pineapple tarts. The most important part of course is the tart. After getting some advices from Sister Lisa and a few experiments, now, I proudly present to veganlogy’s readers the Vegan Pineapple Tarts, especially in this joyful season. Try this crunchy type recipe filling that is texturally fibrous tangy zing with to it.
Viewer’s Choice: The Most Popular New Year Posts
** Homemade Vegan Pineapple Tarts ~**
300gm Nuttelex Olive margarine
130 gm Organic Brown sugar or icing sugar-or you can you icing powder sugar to your sweetness
1/2 tsp Organic Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla powder
480 gm Organic All Purpose flour
50 gm Organic Corn flour-non GMO
50 gm Orgran Vegan Custard Powder
Natural Sea Salt
Homemade Pineapple Filling :-
3 large side Pineapple-from ripe pineapple but not over ripe
250 gm Raw Brown cane sugar
1 Lemon juice and some zest
1 cinnamon sticks
1. Sieve the all the flour ingredients, set aside.
2..In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place the nuttelex, icing sugar, sea, vanilla powder beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture fold in until all combined, mixed well to form a dough.
3. Roll pastry out to 0.5 cm thickness on a lightly-floured tabletop and cut out rounds with a tart cutter.
4. Use a tart cutter, place the small dough on the cutter and press lightly to seal, then press out the dough from the cutter.Place tart onto baking tray lined with baking sheet.
5.Press the pineapple filling onto the indentations of the tarts. Repeat the rest till finished.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170C (fan forced) for 20mins or till golden brown( Adjust according to your type of oven as every oven is difference.)
7. Cool completely keep in glass container.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Veganlogy