Black Sesame Snow Skin Vegan Mooncake with White Lotus and Red Bean Paste
Yesterday, I have showed to you on homemade Pandan Snow White Mooncake Recipe. As I promised, this is the my mooncake special black edition.
Both of this mooncakes are good to eat, healthy and delicious, and perfect as a gift to your love one!
200 gm Kao Fun-Hong Kong-cooked glutinous rice flour
60-100 gm Icing sugar-i reduce the sweetness to 60 gm
250 ml Pure filter water
2 1/2 tbsp Organic sesame powder
75 gm Pure Vegetable Shortening
Filling of Mooncake:
40 gm White lotus paste
100 gm Red beans paste
50 gm Hong Kong Flour-or Tapioca flour -steamed for 8-10 mins, cool and sift twice
1. Sift kao fen and icing sugar twice together. Add sesame powder and sesame seeds.
2. Rub shortening into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
3. Pour liquid into flour mixture and mix to form soft dough. Do not overmix. (Dough will look rough but soft in texture.)
4. Cover the dough and rest in the fridge for about 10-15mins.
5. Divide dough into for 8 each portions of 80 gm each. Roll into a thin layer.
6. Divide the lotus paste into 8 portions of 140 gm each.Roll them into balls.
Try to make many different flavour of your paste ball.
7. Flatten it and wrap in the filling as shown, seal the edges and roll into a ball.
8. Pad the ball with some flour and press it into moon cake mould.
9. Plunge it out slowly.Brush away excess flour around the mooncake.
10. Chill in the fridge before serving. This is an unbaked mooncake. Best served chilled.
11. You can mixed any filling you love,just make your own creative !! 🙂
12. Kind Reminder: Weight of the skin and filling depend on the size of the mould.
This is a very nice colour. And of course, healthy, yummy homemade mooncake. Perfect as a gift!
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Veganlogy