50 gm sweet potato (steam and mashed)Steam the potato cubes for about 20 minutes.
80 gm Pure filter water
50 gm coconut milk
40 gm hot water
200 gm glutinous rice flour
1-2 tbsp organic coconut oil ( optional )
Ingredients for Black Sesame Paste filing
1 1/2 cup black sesame powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar to your sweetness
Combine the above ingredients add a little water mix well until the sugar is dissolved and well combined , set aside.
1. Mix 80 gm of water with coconut milk and set the mixture aside.
2. Add hot water in the glutinous rice flour and coconut milk mixture.
3. Add mashed sweet potatoes, coconut oil.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and knead into a smooth dough.
5. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
6. Roll out one portion of dough and flatten to form a small circle.
7. Place one tbsp of sesame paste in the center of the dough.
8. Wrap up and roll between both hands to form a ball.
9. Flatten the ball and press with some white and black sesame.
10. Repeat the steps to complete making the rice cake.
11. Place the rice cake on non stick pan and pan-fry without oil, fry on low heat heat. Allow the rice cakes to firm up and form a crispy base before you start to turn them, as they are quite delicate.
The skin is crispy and fragrant when eaten while they were still warm. The sesame rice cakes were sweet and chewy texture and find them very delicious when totally cooled down.
Note : You can pan fried Glutionus sweet potatoes rice cake without any filing is nice too.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Veganlogy