Sweet potatoes and carrot the orange-flesh are exceedingly rich in beta-carotene. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are a good source of protein for vegans and vegetarian. Combined with a whole grain such as whole-wheat protein, they provide amount of protein comparable to that of meat or dairy foods without the high calories or saturated fats.
Sweet Potato Chickpeas Soup Ingredients:-
200 gm sweet potato-chunk
150 gm carrot-chunk
130 gm chick peas (soak overnight)
50 gm dried white fungus (soak overnight)
5 slices ginger
1.5 liter pure water
2 tbsp goji berries
3-5 pieces of supreme pure mutton chunk (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt to your taste
1. Drain the soaked chickpeas, white fungus cut into small pieces, chunk the sweet ptotato and carrot keep aside.
2. Prepare a large deep pot add 1.5 water and chickpeas and bring it to boil for about 20-25 mins in medium heat.
3. Add in all the slice ginger, chunk carrot, sweet potato, goji berries, white fungus,
4. Bring them all to a rolling boil again for 10 minutes then cover and simmer for 1 hours.Add salt to your taste, no seasoning, sweet potato, carrot, goji and chickpeas after stew gave a natural sweetness in this soup.
5. To serve ladle to a small chinese bowl and garnish with some cilantro sprigs if love cilantro.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Veganlogy