Anyone love something that’s both salty and sweet cookies ?
I was thinking about salty and sweet, aromati ccookies this morning ^:^ These white sesame salty sweet cookies as they named ” Kampar Kai chai Peang “or ” The Little chick cookies”
Kampar Kai chai Peang a very famous pink package biscuit in Kampar Ipoh- Malaysia.The savoury, sweetish, a bit chewy with it authentic fragrance .There were of the thick, doughy type and they also have the thin and crispy version too but mostly of these cookies are added with lard ,eggs and some dried sweet pork meat, they are not suitable for Vegan.
Thanks my friend sharing but the recipe contain egg and i try to modified a healthy “Vegan kai chai paeng for our Veganlogy readers. SO fragrant SO crispy and you don’t have one piece, you must have another one more 🙂 Have you been missing them, so to get the missing, try this Veganlogy “Vegan kai chai paeng with added healthy coconut oil recipe ! yum~ yum ~
Vegan kai chai paeng ,i think the filling is my taste but this recipe that i made, is nothing like ‘Kai Chai Paeng” is a new vegan version ! This is crispy, fragrant and you don’t have one piece, you must have another one again 🙂 yum……yum
120 gm Organic White sesame seeds roasted-You can add some black sesame seeds
460 gm Organic Plain Flour
1 tbsp Organic Brown rice flour
250 gm Candied winter melon strips- finely chopped
50 gm Organic Raw Cane Sugar
200-250 gm 100% Pure coconut oil for more healthy choice or sunflower oil add more if too dry.
1/2 tsp Organic White pepper
pinch sea salt
1 tsp organic Baking Powder
1 tbsp Maltose-you can use maple syrup, agave nectar of your choice
1 tsp Tamarin-soy sauce
3 pieces Red Yeast Fermented bean cube-suitable for vegan ,you get this in organic shop
1/2 tsp Chinese Five spice powder-Add bit more if you love the aroma of five spice
1.Sift the flour, baking powder.
2.Melt the maltose, salt till dissolved, keep a side cool down .
PS** Pls do not cook/melt maple syrup, agave nectar just add in flour ingredients.
If your maltose is hard just need to melt in hot pot not cook in high hot flame.
3. Then add in sesame seeds, candied melon,fermented beancube mix well.
4. Sift dry flour ,five spice powder and all ingredients into the mixture and form a soft non-sticky dough.
5. You may need to add a bit more coconut oil if the dough is too dry to be incorporated.
6. Divide dough and shape them into balls and place them in between plastic sheets with a rolling pin to flatted o o prefered thickness. The thinner the more crunchy the cookies.
7. Place on a parchment lined baking tray.
8. Bake in perheated oven 150 deg.C for 30-35 mins till brown and crunchy.
9. Let it totally cool on a wire rack to completely. Keep in an air-tight container.
10. Enjoy with a small pot of Jasmine Tea.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Veganlogy