In Malaysia Market is difficult to find organic vegan burger buns, even a simple sandwich, whole wheat bread all contain milk powder, eggs, shortening, calcium propionate, emulisfies, honey, preservatives and other obscure ingredients in them. etc…….
So, what can you do ???? Try this ! Make your own homemade Vegan Burger buns : )
I have had homemade vegan burgers on my Veganlogy list recipes long time ago. Last month my dear Veganlogy reader asked me if I had a vegan burger recipe, finally decide to do it this morning and share this healthy burger buns to my lovely readers.
Homemade Vegan Burger Buns:
This unbleached whole wheat flavor burger buns with added healthy coconut oil.
1200 gm Organic High protien plain wheat unbleached flour
300 gm Organic unbleached whole wheat bread flour
11 gm active dry yeast
200 gm Raw sugar / Coconut sugar or any sweetness of your choice
1/2 cup 100% Pure coconut oil
1/2 tsp natural sea salt
650-700ml-Pure filter water-if the dough to dry add a little more water
1. Mix the ingredients all flour, sugar, yeast, salt and water together the bowl.
2. Slowly add in water enough of to form a smooth dough then add in coconut oil knead again for another 10-15 minutes, if to dry add more water.
3. Cover with damp cloth and leave to rise for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until its double size.
4. Knock down let the air gone and divide the dough into each small round dough on greased pan.
5. Proof in a warm place for another 50 minutes.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30-35 minutes or until it done.
6..Oven heat -Use according to your oven heat.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Veganlogy