Wishing everyone: Happy ” World Vegan Day 2012″
November is a wonderful month for all vegans. Do you know that November is also World Vegan Month?
Hence, we introduce a wonderful food to veganlogy’s reader…
~ Organic Tempeh~
Tempeh is more than just a meat substitute for vegans and vegetarians. Organic Tempeh is a fermented soyfood, is originated in Indonesia. Made of fermented organic soybeans, it is a probiotic food that is a great source of protein, calcium, and fiber very commonly made and use in Malaysia and Indonesia. It is an amazingly nutrient rich soyfood, high in complete protein and Vit B-12, is an excellent choice especially good for strict vegans diets. Tempeh is low in calories and fat, and completely free of cholesterol.
Organic Tempeh differs form tofu in that it has a firmer texture, has a greater density and higher in fiber because the whole bean is used. So, it is a great meat alternative, and gives your recipes a heartier texture and taste.
Organic Tempeh has a naturally complex flavor that has been described as nutty mushroom flavour. Normally tempeh is sliced or cut in cubes and fried until the surface is crisp and golden brown. You can also sauteed, baked, stir-fried, broiled, steamed, or grilled. It is a versital food that can be used in recipes in different ways dips, chilis, stir-frys, soups, stews, salads and sandwiches.
So, let’s celebrate World Vegan Day 2012 with this wonderful source of protein!
Try this my > Quick > Simple >Easy > Spicy ~Steamed Tempeh~
Fried Okra Chili Tempeh
By November 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 plate (2 Servings)
- Prep: 25 mins
Wishing everyone: Happy " World Vegan Day 2012" November is a wonderful month for all vegans. Do you know that November is also World …
- 1 pkt organic Tempeh Cut into 3 inch lengths
- 1 cup cooking oil deep frying
- some organic Chili flake 'n Red Chili Powder
- some dry Parsley
- pinch of Natural Sea Salt to taste
- 6-8 medium size Organic Okra Lady's finger slice into diagonally size
- 1 medium size Onion (optional) sliced thinly strips
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup filter water
- 2 tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos this is a healthy, gluten free, non fermented soy sauce alternative*
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Deep-fry the tempeh for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
- Toss with salt, chili powder and chili flake and parsley, keep aside.
Or You can just enjoy this simple deep fried tempeh with some slices fresh cucumber, slice tomato or added into your sandwich.
- Wash and slice the okra pods into diagonally or 1-inch wide bite-size pieces of your desire.
aha...18 inci long Organic Okra from my Garden yard !! Love these raw okra in my salad too:)
- Again heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a wok.
- Once oil is hot, pour in onion,okra stir fry add filter water. Saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the Bragg’s Aminos stir frequently for about another 3 minutes stirring almost constantly.. to avoid overcooking I prefer the crunchy Okra.
- Next toss in your deep fried chili tempeh until water dries up completely.
- Dish out and serve hot. Enjoy this Malaysia classic dish~Stir fried Okra chili tempeh ~.
♥ Peace, Love begins on our Plate ♥