Happy Halloween To All ~~~from Veganlogy
Why are pumpkins associated with Halloween?
Answer: Long story. Once upon a time ….. However, the famous carved pumpkin lantern which widely known as Jack-o’-lantern is a symbol of Halloween.
We have various recipes of pumpkin which you can browse thru. (links at below↓)
Assorted Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
Healthy Pumpkin Congee
By October 31, 2012Published:
- Yield: 3 (3 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
If you're craving for some comfort dish this is the healthy and wholesome congee recipe for you today !!
- 1 cup Organic Brown Rice or multi grain rice of your choice.
- 5 cups Pure filter water
- 1 cup Pumpkin cut into cube
- 1/2 cup long beans cut into 1 cm
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 pkt pioppini mushroom trimmed the end and separated
- Some fried shredded ginger
- 1/4 tsp Pepper to your taste
- 1/2 tsp Natural Sea Salt to your taste
- 1 /2 tsp Organic veggie seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parsley or Coriander chopped
- 1 piece Red bird's eye chillies (Optional)
- Washed and put the rice,with 5 cups water, pumpkin cube, into a pot to boil.
- Turn down fire and cook rice over medium heat until rice is broken up and the pumpkin is totally cooked. Then add in the pioppini mushroom, long beans, goji berries boil for another 5-8 second.
- Add seasoning, salt, pepper, fried shredded ginger mixed well.
- Serve hot congee in a Chinese Bowl drizzle with some sesame oil, chopped coriander and hot red bird's chili if you prefer spicy congee :-)