Traditional Vegan Mooncake
Today, we would like to continue our Mid-Autumn Series, the third mooncake (baked) recipe which is Traditional Vegan Mooncake Recipe.
Specially thanks Loving Hut Johor Bahru who made this Traditional Vegan Mooncake for Veganlogy . ~ yum…yum…°\\(^ڡ^)//°~~~~~~
Hope this recipe will help you and Veganlogy wish all enjoy your Happy Mid-Autumn Festival with your love one. ♥ ♥ ♥
Veganlogy 祝大家: 月圆人团圆,团团圆圆! 人缘,福缘, 左右逢缘! 缘缘不断! 情愿,心愿,
Mid-Autumn Special: Traditional Vegan Mooncake Recipe
By September 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10
- Prep: 3 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 35 mins
Traditional Vegan Mooncake 传统广式素食月饼 Have you try Veganlogy Black Sesame Snow Skin Vegan Mooncake? or Pandan …
- For Dough:
- 300 gm Mooncake flour from Bakery wholesale shop
- 2 tsp Alkaline Water
- 50 gm Cooking Oil
- 180 gm Golden Syrup
- Filling for One Mooncake:
- 50 gm Dough Skin
- 50 gm Melon Seeds
- 90 gm Lotus White Paste or Red Beans Paste you can buy this ready made paste from Bakery wholesale shop
- Firstly, mix the melon seed with the lotus paste. Weight the lotus paste 90g each and roll into a round ball.
- The dough or skin of the mooncake is made by a simple mixing of golden syrup, alkaline water, cooking oil and flour.
The alkaline water helps to make the dough more stretchable, and allows the mooncakes to brown nicely when baking.
However, is just a small amount needed.
- Slowly add the sift flour and knead into a fine dough.
- Knead the dough cover dough with cling wrap keep in refrigerator for 1 hour.
This is an very important part which to let the dough to 'REST' is known as '醒面‘.
- Dust table surface and hand with some flour, flatten each dough.
Lightly dust the wrapped dough with some flour.
Place the dough with lotus paste in the mould.
Press the ball of dough and filling firmly in mould.
Plunge it out slowly and place mooncake on a baking greased tray.
"You can mixed with any filling that you love, just make your own creative paste."
- **This is another important point about the mooncake.
You need to let it rest for at least 2 hrs or more before baking.**
- Preheat oven .
The first bake at 180'C for 10mins.
Remove from oven and leave to cool for 15mins.
- Brush the top with golden syrup.
Return the oven to to bake for another 15 minutes.
Do check every 5 minutes to make sure that the mooncake is not over browned.
- Leave mooncake to cool completely and store in mooncake boxes or air tight containers.
Wait for 2 days for soften the mooncakes skin before serving.
- Wish all readers have a very Happy Mid-Autumn Festival and enjoy your day with your love one. ♥ ♥ ♥
- Kind reminder ~Different brands of oven has different ciruculation of heat and temperature.~~