Black Sesame Snow Skin Vegan Mooncake with White Lotus and Red Bean Paste
Yesterday, I have showed to you on homemade Pandan Snow White Mooncake Recipe. As I promised, this is the my mooncake special black edition.
Both of this mooncakes are good to eat, healthy and delicious, and perfect as a gift to your love one!
Mid-Autumn Special: Black Sesame Unbaked Snow Skin Mooncake Recipe
By September 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8-10 (8 Servings)
- Prep: 1 hr 20 mins
This is a very nice colour. And of course, healthy, yummy homemade mooncake. Perfect as a gift!
- 200 gm Kao Fun-Hong Kong cooked glutinous rice flour
- 60-100 gm Icing sugar i reduce the sweetness to 60 gm
- 250 ml Pure filter water
- 2 1/2 tbsp Organic sesame powder
- 75 gm Pure Vegetable Shortening
- Filling of Mooncake:
- 40 gm White lotus paste
- 100 gm Red beans paste
- 50 gm Hong Kong Flour or Tapioca flour -steamed for 8-10 mins, cool and sift twic
- Sift kao fen and icing sugar twice together.
Add sesame powder and sesame seeds.
- Rub shortening into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
- Pour liquid into flour mixture and mix to form soft dough.
Do not overmix. (Dough will look rough but soft in texture.)
- Cover the dough and rest in the fridge for about 10-15mins.
- Divide dough into for 8 each portions of 80 gm each.
Roll into a thin layer.
- Divide the lotus paste into 8 portions of 140g each.
Roll them into balls.
Try to make many different flavour of your paste ball.
- Flatten it and wrap in the filling as shown, seal the edges and roll into a ball.
- Pad the ball with some flour and press it into mooncake mould.
- Plunge it out slowly.
Brush away excess flour around the mooncake.
- Chill in the fridge before serving. This is an unbaked mooncake. Best served chilled.
- You can mixed any filling you love,just make your own creative !! :)
- Kind Reminder: Weight of the skin and filling depend on the size of the mould.