What is Guacamole?
Guacamole is an avocado-based sauce that originated in Mexico.
But now, it has also become part of American cuisine as a dip, condiment and salad ingredient. And of course, I am presenting to you this easy Guacamole recipe as an Asian. So, I can say it is popular worldwide like Lady Gaga. Guacamole is traditionally made by mashing ripe avocados with a mortar and pestle with natural sea salt.
In this recipe, I use Passion fruit as main item. Sometimes, I will substitute passion fruit with tomato or chilli or both.
Other variations: If you like the taste of sweet and sour, then you may choose passion fruit; if you want to have hot and spicy flavour, chilli is definitely your main choice. However, tomato is as the flavour of love! For your information, tomato is as known as “Love Fruit”
Remember, in this raw recipe, we use ripe avocado if you want to have good taste of your guacamole. Simply check for ripeness by pressing the outside of the avocado gently.
Easy RAW Passion Fruit Guacamole Recipe
By July 30, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 cup (1 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Simple and Easy Guacamole Recipe. Eat RAW.
- 1 whole Avocado de-pitted, with the skin remove
- 1 pcs Passion Fruit
- 1 small Red Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- A pinch of Natural Sea Salt to taste
- A Dash of Black Pepper
- Use a sharp knife to halve and twist the avocado open, then simply slice a grid through the flesh just to the skin. Scoop the avocado with spoon and put the pieces out into a bowl. It is easier than you've ever imagined!
- Then use folk to mash up the avocado mixture to desired consistency. I like to leave a few chunks of avocado for texture in my guacamole.
Add passion fruit pulp, chopped onion, lemon juice, mixed well add salt pepper to taste .
- Give a special try today by adding passion fruit to brighten up the flavor of my Guacamole!