Someone asking me, why is that pink colour? Are you in love with Hello Kitty or what?
LOL….. That’s funny.
I just add in a special ingredient – Beetroot, as natural colouring agent!
Check this out!
Pink Lumache Pasta wth Pear – Earthly Beetroot Sauce Recipe
By July 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 plates (2 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Delicious and nutritious pasta with special pink beetroot dressing
- 250 grams Lumache Pasta
- 1 cup Walnuts toasted
- 1 small Butter head lettuce- cut into small pieces
- some Parsley
- 2 pieces Pears core and cut into sliced or cube
- 3 sliced Beet Root
- 1/2 cup Organic Soft Tofu
- 3 tbsp Nutritional yeast or more to taste
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp Organic White Miso to your taste
- 1/4 cup Pure filter water
- 2 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1 piece Shallot
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 clove Garlic crushed and peeled
- 2 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- some Chilli Flake Optional
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta for about 5-8 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the pasta
- Preparation for pink beetroot sauce: Mix all the SAUCE ingredients that mentioned above. While the sauce is blending, slowly add in grape seed oil until nice 'n creamy.
- Place the pasta back into the pot, pour the sauce over, and toss with chopped lettuce, and pears sliced/cube until well combined ...OR
- To serve, arrange these through the leaves around the side. Gently break the toasted walnuts up a bit with your fingers and arrange them over the leaves and pears. Finish the salad with good dusting of black pepper/chili flake 'n some chopped parsley .