4 Ripe bananas ( mashed )
2 cups organic whole wheat flour
80 gm organic granulated sugar (1/2 cup-120 gm) I reduce the quantity of sweetness .
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoon melt Nuttelex Vegan Olive margarine (cool down keep aside )
(if you don’t have vegan margarine use Olive oil )
2 Tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar ( or white vinegar)
6 pieces walnuts finely chopped
3 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds ( 1 tbsp for topping )
1 tsp sesame seeds (for topping)
Preheat the oven 180°C
1.Sieve the dry ingredients flour ,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon together keep aside.
2. Prepare a mixing bowl, mashed bananas add sugar beat for 5-8 minute slowly fold in all the dry flour ingredients,chopped walnuts and 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds and mixed well.
3. Then add in 2 tbsp of melt vegan margarine or olive oil.
4 . Add vinegar very last minutes before you bake !!
5. Line a 8 inch long cake pan with parchment baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds on top .
7. Bake for 35-40 mins( 180°c),according to your oven heat,bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8.After baked carefully transfer the cake to the wiring rack and let it cool completely before you
cut into slices .
Notes: Check your Oven heat ! Different brand OVEN has different circulation of heat,so the baking time is not fixed.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2011 Veganlogy