2 lager pieces kombu (kelp)
Raw Veggie for Wrap:
Green long beans
Artemisia capillaris thumb
Fresh fennel bulb-shredded
Toasted white sesame seeds
Dipping Sauce :
1/4 pc red dragon fruit
1 passion fruit pulp
1/2 tsp tamari
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 lime juice
1 tsp wasabi or more
sea salt to taste
Place in vita-mix container blend until smooth and creamy.
1. Put water in a deep pot and soak the kombu for about 30-40 minutes.
2. Wash thoroughly under hot tap water .You can boil but remember to remove the kombu just before the water reaches a boil.
3. At most the kombu seaweed should be simmered on very low heat for no longer than 5 minutes.
4. Drained and Remove the kombu, set a side to let it cool down.
5. Cut kombu about 8- 9′ long line it on a flat plate , its a hand roll !
6. Placed all the raw veggie, sesame seeds, pickled ginger, on one edge and roll tightly, just roll it over the other end, sesame seeds can also be sprinkled on top after cutting.
7. Think of a kumbo roll as a sushi roll and it’s sure to get your imagination rolling as to what to fill it with.
Serve with fruit wasabi sauce, tamari and some pickled ginger .
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2011 Veganlogy