500 gm Fresh Chinese wild yam Fresh – Dioscorea opposita tuber
(peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch )
5 pieces Dry shiitake mushrooms (soaked for 3 hours) cut 1/2 or 4 pieces
1. 5 litres water
10 dried red dates cut 1/2 and removed the seed
6 black dates
15 gm gm dried longan
20 gm gm goji berries
15 gm dried lily bulbs
1 sliced dried tangerine peel
20 gm Â codonopsis root -cut into 1 inch
6 gm Angelica root
6 pieces dried figs
15 gm Solomon’s seal
6 gm Rhizoma Ligustici
1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Wash and rinsed all the dried herbal.
2. Peeled and wash the fresh chinese yam thoroughly is a bit sticky , if your hand feel itchy
wash with some warm salt water.( or use hand glove ) and cut into 1 1/2 inch.
3. Prepare a big clay pot add in 1.5 litres water.
4. When water is boiling, add mushrooms, all herbal ingredients ,
boil for 45-50 minutes and reduce to low heat add the fresh chinese wild yam ,
boil for another 25 minutes .
5. Add sea salt and seasoning according your to taste.
- Serve hot with brown rice or you can add rice noodles to your soup !
Try this Raw Wild Yam !!
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2011 Veganlogy