Bubur Cha-Cha is a Popular Malaysia & Singapore Dessert . This coconut milk soup base dessert flavor with pandan leaves that is made out with sweet potatoes,taro and chewy tapioca jelly. This super rich dessert can be eaten warm or cold.
Today I try the different way using some mixed nuts to cooked this bubur cha-cha ♥ love to eat cold ice cube !
300gm sweet potato (orange species) – cubed
300gm taro or yam – cubed
1-2 ripe banana – sliced 1/2 inch length( If you like add)
1/2 cup tapioca pearls or sago
Hand full of mixed beans ,chickpeas, red beans,white beans etc..( soak overnight with pure water or steam till cooked)
1/3 cup palm sugar (gula melaka) – you can use brown sugar – i prefer palm sugar
5.6 oz (165 ml) coconut milk
4-5 pieces pandan leaves – folded
3-4 cup water (depends on the coconut milk thickness preferred)
dash of salt
1. Steam taro (Yam) and sweet potato to almost (95%) cooked. Set aside.
Tips: Toothpick can go through the flesh but the texture still holds it shape.
2. To prepare tapioca pearls/sago:
a. Soak tapioca pearls or sago in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain it.
b. Put 4 cup water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
c. After the water has boiled, place tapioca pearls and keep stirring until all the white pearls turn transparent.
d. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Set aside.
e.Steam the beans till cooked-set aside.
3. Pour water into a medium size saucepan.
4. Add sugar and bring water to boil to dissolve the sugar. add all the mix beans ,pandan leaves Stir occasionally.
5. Add coconut milk. Stay at medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes and keep stirring.
Tips: Always stay at low-medium heat to avoid overcook coconut milk.
6. Add cooked sweet potatoes, bananas, taros and tapioca pearls. Season with a dash of salt. Simmer at low-medium heat for 2 minutes.
7. Ready to serve hot or chilled it to serve cold.