Steamed Vegan Yam Cake
By April 13, 2011Published:
- Yield: 8''rounf mould Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 mins
Chilli sauce:-malaysia-vegan-sambal-belacan [recipe]
- 350 gm Rice flour Prefer Chinese lily flower brand rice flour
- 1 tbsp Tapiocal flour
- 1200 ml Water
- 300 gm Yam (Taro) peeled and cube,i like to add more yam cube here
- 4 pieces Dried Mushroom soak and diced
- 2 tbsp Dried Salted Radish
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Seasoning :-
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp five spice power
- 1 1/2 tsp Natural Sea Salt
- Garnishing :
- 2 stalk coriander leaves diced
- 2 pieces Fresh red chillies diced
- some Cabbage crisps or (shallot crisps)
- 3 tbsp White sesame seeds roasted
- some dried roasted seaweeds
- Peeled and cut the Yam(taro) into cube,clean and diced the mushroom.
- Mix Rice flour and tapioca flour with 1200 ml water, stir well, set aside.
- Heat 2 tbs cooking oil in work.stir fry the salted radish, diced mushroom until fragrant. Add in the yam cube all seasoning.
- Pour in all the rice flour mixture, keep on stirring.
- Till the mixture become thick batter. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the batter into the greased 30 cm steaming tray.
Steam batter over high boiling water for 50 mins or till cooked.
- Whilst still hot drizzle sesame oil, sprinkle roasted sesame seeds, coriander leave, chopped chili, seaweeds, and crisps cabbage on top.
- The Yam cake will turn firm up as it cool down, so don't discourage if is still soft.
- Leave it for 3 to 4 hours until it is cool down. Serve with chilli sauce if you prefer hot and spicy sambal belacan or tomato sauce.